Wellbeing staff are available to discuss and give advice on personal or family problems, particularly those affecting a student’s academic, emotional or social development.
Wellbeing – What are we trying to achieve?
– Improve the health and wellbeing of every student, by creating a caring, positive and inclusive school culture, where each student is able to connect to their learning in a safe and supported environment, no matter what life’s challenges are.
– Effectively mobilise available resources to provide early intervention with targeted and individual strategies, we hope to prevent disengagement and address mental health concerns and challenging behaviours before they escalate.
How do we achieve this?
– New exit card system (blue/yellow cards)
– New referral system
– Short term counselling, risk assessment and case management for tier 3 students
– Early intervention programs (ISN, Wholesome, Healthy Bodies Healthy Minds)
– Liaising with community services
– Whole school programs (RR, year 7 SEL, Lifechanger, Breakfast Club)
– Class engagement programs (coffee cart)
– Working closely with SLL’s, LSO’s
– Assisting with developing IEP’s and BSP’s
– Professional learning
– Parent seminars
– Awareness raising (newsletters, website, daily bulletin)
You can contact our team via email or phone or on our Instagram page:https://www.instagram.com/berwickcollege_wellbeing/
Student Learning Leaders and Home Group Teachers can also assist in connecting you with the team.
When on site, students can make an appointment by walking into the Wellbeing Centre before or after school, or during recess and lunch.
Featured below are our friendly wellbeing staff.
Kyra Dawson: 8768 1022 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mel Sitas: 9768 1023 email@example.com
Travis Tuck: 9768 1093 firstname.lastname@example.org
Meaghan Whitford: 9768 1019 email@example.com
Francis Fanchette: 9768 1000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Carter: 9768 1020 email@example.com
COMMUNITY SUPPORTS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE:
LIFELINE has a crisis text service operating between 6pm and midnight – https://www.lifeline.org.au/crisis-text/
Step 1: Text 0477 13 11 14
Step 2: Complete the pre-survey questions
Step 4: You will be connected with a Crisis Supporter as soon as one is available.
Child FIRST: 9705 393
“When people support each other, Incredible things happen”.